Dedicated to 'Nella C.
(written 9/23/11)
I got a phone call from your Mommy
And a photo from your Dad,
They said that you were on your way
And my heart felt so glad!
I was so excited I couldn't sleep
My thoughts were all of you!
I wondered what color they'd pain your room,
A shade of Pink? Or blue?
I knew I'd have to wait a while
You'd be here in the Spring,
So I dreamed of all the sounds you'd make
And the smiles you would bring.
I asked the Lord for safety
Every day until you came;
For extra Angels to be near you
And to Mommy just the same.
We didn't know what you'd be like
But we were sure exited,
To see one day who you would be
In you we'd be delighted!
You grew a little everyday
As you did we watched outside,
Mommy’s tummy grew to hold you
Making new clothes justified!
Daddy’s hands on Mommy’s tummy
Felt you kicking from inside,
Joy appeared on both their faces
Locking eyes they smiled wide!
We talked to Mommy on Skype one day,
We watched her shifting in her chair.
Her tummy now was very big
And we all knew you’d soon appear!
Then one day it happened,
Your arrival now was here!
A gift of love from God in Heaven,
Tiny package very dear.
I couldn’t wait to hold you close,
Whisper “I love you” quiet as a mouse;
I’m so glad the Lord has blessed your family
And added “two feet” to their house.
No comments:
Post a Comment